New minimum speed for US broadband connections

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Fri Feb 11 13:41:27 UTC 2022

> Can you provide examples?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twe6uTwOyJo&ab_channel=NANOG

Our good friend Jared could only get 1.5M DSL living just outside Ann
Arbor, MI, so he had to start his own CLEC.

I have friends in significantly more rural areas than he lives in ( Niagara
and Orleans county NYS , between Niagara Falls and Rochester ) who have the
same 400Mb package from Spectrum that I do, living in the City of Niagara
Falls.

This is not to say that rural America is a mecca of connectivity; there is
a long way to go all the way around regardless. But it is a direct example
as you asked for.