VPN recommendations?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Feb 10 18:02:17 UTC 2022

Hi folks,

Do you have any recommendations for VPN appliances? Specifically: I need to
build a site to site VPNs at speeds between 100mpbs and 1 gbit where all
but one of the sites are behind an IPv4 NAT gateway with dynamic public IP
addresses.

Normally I'd throw OpenVPN on a couple of Linux boxes and be happy but my
customer insists on a network appliance. Site to site VPNs using IPSec and
static IP addresses on the plaintext side are a dime a dozen but traversing
NAT and dynamic IP addresses (and automatically re-establishing when the
service goes out and comes back up with different addresses) is a hard
requirement.

Thanks in advance,
Bill Herrin

--