Authoritative Resources for Public DNS Pinging

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Wed Feb 9 14:53:15 UTC 2022

Yup. And Google folks accounted for the world pinging them all day long.

I wouldn't call using DNS resolvers as best "am I connected to internet over this interface" tool though. A day, year or 5 years from now the same team may decide to drop/filter and then thousands of hardcoded "handmade automation solutions" will break. And I believe that's closer to what Masataka was trying to convey.

—
Łukasz Bromirski