Authoritative Resources for Public DNS Pinging

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Wed Feb 9 03:16:14 UTC 2022

What irked me today was an equipment manufacturer. I found out because Google had some issues handling ICMP to their DNS resolvers today and some of my devices started spazzing out.

There's no reason this manufacturer doesn't just setup a variety their own servers to handle this, other than being lazy.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange