Simplified BGP peering solution

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Feb 7 15:43:41 UTC 2022

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022, Josh Saul wrote:

> How many active ISPs are most of the people on this list dealing with?
>
> 1-2 - I'm an end user just trying to load balance
> 3-5 - I'm aggressively looking for the best paths for my "customer" traffic
> 6-20 - I have a meet-me POP room or a specific business need for so many connections
> 21+  - I'm an ISP

You should probably rephrase the question in a way that makes more sense
to the audience.  I suspect you'll find most participants on this list are
ISPs (depending on your definition of ISP).  Many (most) of us also peer
with lots of other networks that may or may not be ISPs in a non-ISP
relationship.

What's this "simplified BGP peering solution" you're [not] talking about?