Hackathon Kicks Off this Friday, Community Meeting + More

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Wed Feb 2 19:24:04 UTC 2022

*Hackathon will Kick-Off this Friday! *
*"Hack" your way into Fun, New Friends + the Opportunity to Solve
Real-World Issues *

*Friday, Feb. 4  - Intro/Tutorial/Team FormationSaturday + Sunday, Feb.
12-13, 2022 - Hacking*

The Hackathon starts with a brief welcome and introduction, tutorial, and
team formation on Friday, February 4, at 12:00 pm CST.

*Theme:* Giving Back to Open Source

During this Hackathon, we’ve invited the maintainers of several open-source
projects to propose fixes and features for those products that we’ll invite
teams to work on. Project maintainers will provide problem statements and
objectives, and work with teams collaboratively to help teams understand
the respective code bases and help troubleshoot issues.

*REGISTER NOW  <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-84-hackathon/>*

*Get Ready for NANOG 84 Community Meeting *
*Save the date! *

Don't miss your chance to have your voice heard and learn about the most
recent updates at NANOG.

*The agenda will include: *

*Edward McNair, executive director:*

   - ICANN + Internet Society + NANOG - Collaboration
   - Ombudsperson
   - Registration Fees
   - Community Forum - Affinity Groups
   - Attendance Trends and Future Program Idea
   - Community Feedback

*Update from Program Committee: *

   - Attendance Trends
   - Future Program Ideas

*SEE AGENDA <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-84/nanog-84-agenda/> *

*GET YOUR SWAG ON*

Share the ❤ + show off your NANOG pride with a t-shirt, sweatshirt, polo,
cap, or laptop stickers. And don’t forget to tag us in your NANOG pics on
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn so we can follow along!
#WeAreNANOG

*BUY NOW  <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-swag/>*

*Sign Up for the Upcoming Peering Forum *
*The Peering Coordination Forum, a 90-minute session to be held on February
14 during NANOG 84 conference. *

NANOG 84 Peering Coordination Forum applications will remain open until we
have 20 applications or February 7. The forum provides time for attendees
to meet and network with others in the peering community present at NANOG.

*SIGN UP * <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-84/peering-forum/>