Request to participate in 2-min study survey on IPv6 Adoption

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 02:16:49 UTC 2022

Peace,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 11:01 PM Jay Hennigan <jay at west.net> wrote:

> On 1/30/22 17:06, Töma Gavrichenkov wrote:
> > IPv6 is now cheap as chips. It's very dirty therefore. All kinds of
> > bots, spammers, password brute force programs live in there, and it's
> > significantly harder to correlate and ditch these with the sparse IPv6
> > address space.
>
> Then you're doing it wrong.

You might've noticed that I'm sharing experience of someone else, not me.

Also, this is exactly the kind of problem denial that made it difficult to
adopt many technologies in the past.  You may go to great lengths in
adjusting your filtering algorithms but when e.g. (I'm making up figures
now, obviously) the SNR of UGC in IPv4 is like 10x times it is in IPv6,
your management would start asking questions about whether it's really the
best time to invest in this rather than in another potential revenue stream.

--
Töma