Geoip database update

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat Dec 17 17:54:26 UTC 2022

I've been waiting for some updates since September, there are good and reputable geoIP services that accept updates and those that refuse to acknowledge issues or have no way to update.

Some of the financial institutions and government agencies are examples of bad consumers of them, but it's not limited to them.

If you run a service or engage in geo blocking because of licensing or something else, provide an internal escalation path for the customer to have you contact the ISP, or compare the data with published Geofeeds or similar.

The issue is even with ARIN 4.10 space that was previously unused.

- Jared

Sent via RFC1925 compliant device