Cloudflare/Internet2 Peering Outage?

Norman Elton normelton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 04:44:06 UTC 2022

Any Cloudflare contacts lurking?

We observed a spike in DNS timeouts beginning around 7:20 PM EST. We
eventually determined that DNS queries to Cloudflare-managed DNS
servers, traversing our Internet2 connection, were consistently
failing. Cloudflare servers reachable via our Cogent internet
connection were fine.

We applied a band-aid by shutting down our Internet2 connection, at
which point all queries began to flow properly again via our Cogent
connection

We'll continue investigating in the morning, but might need assistance
from Cloudflare.

Thanks,

Norman Elton
William & Mary (wm.edu, AS 11975)