Large prefix lists/sets on IOS-XR

tim at pelican.org tim at pelican.org
Mon Dec 12 10:26:04 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 10 December, 2022 06:47, "Saku Ytti" <saku at ytti.fi> said:

> What you can do, day1
>
> a) copy configs as-is, as templates
> b) only edit the template
> c) push templates to network

That's a take on it I really hadn't considered.  I'm very aware that moving from a decade or two of legacy manual config to full data model/automation in a big bang is never going to work, but I'd been looking at what individual elements could be pulled out and automated with judicious use of "replace".  Never considered making the *entire* legacy config a starting point for the template, and then effectively working on automating replacing parts of that config file with data-driven versions of the same.

Food for thought, thanks for that.

Cheers,
Tim.