Large prefix lists/sets on IOS-XR

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Dec 9 14:38:22 UTC 2022

Can Andrian and Joshua explain what they specifically mean, and how
they expect it to perform over what Steffann is already doing (e.g.
load https://nms/cfg/router.txt)? How much faster will it be, and why?

Can Steffan explain how large a file they are copying, over what
protocol, how long does it take, and how long does the commit take.

We used to have configurations in excess of a million lines before
'or-longer' halved them, and we've seen much longer times than 30min
to get a new config pushed+commtited. We use FTP and while the FTP
does take its sweet time, the commit itself is very long as well.

I refrain from expressing my disillusionment with the utility of doing
IRR based filtering.

--
  ++ytti