Early Bird Reg. Ends Monday! + Light Up Your Immune System + More

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Thu Dec 8 15:02:01 UTC 2022

*NANOG 87 Early Bird Registration Ends Monday*

*Deadline for Discounted Pricing Ends 12, December*
Join us for NANOG 87 in Atlanta, GA, 13 - 15, February! Early bird
discounted rates will end Monday, 12, December.

*REGISTER NOW!  <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-87/>*

*Light Up Your Immune System This Holiday Season*

The jolliness of the season can bring abnormally high levels of sugar,
alcohol, and stress to our daily routines, making us more susceptible to
seasonal flu and cold bugs.

*Stay Jolly This Season*
Your best defense is a hearty offense. So, boost your immune system with
these achievable tips.

*READ MORE  <https://www.nanog.org/stories/healthy-for-the-holidays/>*

*Trending on NANOG TV!*
*Have You Watched our Latest Content on NANOG TV?*

Check out one of our most viewed videos of all time.

*Tutorial: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Optical
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWqe8_5SUvk>*

This popular tutorial is tailored for network engineers + has been updated
to cover the latest technologies. Example topics include:

   - How fiber works (the basics, fiber types, limitations, etc.)
   - Working with optics (choosing the right type, designing optical
   networks, etc.)
   - Optical power (understanding dBm, loss, using light meters, etc.)
   - DWDM (how it works, muxes, oadms, amps, etc.)
   - Dispersion (what is it, why do we care, how do we fix it)
   - Optical Myths. I.e., can I hurt myself looking into the fiber? Can I
   overload my optic?

*WATCH NOW  <https://www.nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/>*