Providing geofeed info to Google

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Tue Aug 30 20:28:18 UTC 2022

Gonna multi-reply on this one:

@Benjamin:

> I was able to get access without peering with 15169 by getting access to
the ISP portal (isp.google.com) which does have Geofeed processing for my
AS, but I am unsure if you will get access without being an eyeball network.

Thanks; I'll give that bash. I think our org might have tried this
previously before my time, but will see where we get to.

@Christopher:

> For what it's worth I attempted to get access by filling out the same
portal and was told to go pound sand, so your results may very.

Good to know. :fingers-crossed:

@Job:

Thanks! I was aware of the RIPE whois option, but the relevant resources
for us are in ARIN.  I wasn't aware of the RPSL *remark* option for
providing that.  We should be able to give that a bash.

Can anyone confirm if Google respects the remark-based option?  Given the
authors and some of the wording, I would hope so?

--
Hugo Slabbert