Amprnet? (was Re: [anti-abuse-wg] Yet another BGP hijacking towards AS16509)

borg at uu3.net borg at uu3.net
Tue Aug 30 07:49:41 UTC 2022

Yeah, ARDC sold part of it to Amazon. I doubt they even had right to do
so due to 44/8 was an legacy IP range.. ARIN allowed it.. All too shady.

Anyway, according to AMPRnet that range was unallocated, so no active
radio ham networks were at that range, so I doubt it was someone
from AMPRnet. Getting parts of 44/8 reannounced by different gw
than ucsd.edu is not that easy after all.