VZ FIOS and Intel TCP IPv6 Checksum Offload problems

Brie bruns at 2mbit.com
Mon Aug 29 17:36:27 UTC 2022

On 8/29/22 10:59 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> Uhm, this includes various versions of the intel pro 1000 card... so
> that's a TON of gear,
> to include like lenovo laptops, for instance. I'd wager that this is
> super common in the field.
> The PDF in the download says;
>    "Products Affected: All 1gbe and 10gbe intel ethernet controllers...."

So I keep seeing this being pushed as a problem with clients...  but
isn't it the ONT that is bugged out and appending the extra data after
the checksum is already there (as Bill Herrin points out)?

I know it's asking a lot to expect networking equipment vendors to fix
their gear, but...

Unless I'm totally not understanding the bug, which is entirely (and
likely).

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org