IPv6 internet broken, cogent/hurricane not peering

VOLKAN KIRIK volkirik at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:17:49 UTC 2022

the companies are here to trade, charge prices for their services.... so
why blame cogent for doing what they supposed to be doing?

why did hurricane stop BGP tunnel service? and started asking for 500
usd/month for peering? expense of BGP servers? or did they realize ipv6
prefixes does not cost MRC, so their network peers are not serious business.

why did Google start charging for cloud gigabytes?

if he.net opens free BGP tunnel service back; and also announce full
transit routes on IXPs, thats just zero (payback)...

if they provide free ip transit to everyone; I would think that cogent
should provide free network access to them...

if google doesnt charge for traffic in cloud services, then they will be
largest in my eyes.

if cogent asks for a price, then they have to pay (to become tier1)...
simple as that. or they could stay as tier-2 as long as they want. thats
called free as in freedom. not as in price.

*doesnt level3 pay comcast money for paid-peering?*

building eyeball network, enabling fiber connectivity in buildings has
much more meaning to me...

so honestly i am fine with segmented ipv6 internet. i would just not
prefer he.net in my IP transit blend, as i do not have to respect crying
beggars.... and i could choose telia+cogent.

he.net guys are just charging you money for dumping your traffic in IX
Points, that you can do yourself, be eyeball or content network..

btw, losts of useless prefixes... think an asn has 1000 ipv6 prefixes
but less than 1 ge traffic, while there are networks exceeding 10ge with
just one prefix. ipv6 nat is spreading. just like ipv4 nat.

could you analyze traffic amount of ASNs? no. then dont fuckin call them
largest or i will kick your monkey ass.

i am the god!