IoT - The end of the internet

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 03:49:47 UTC 2022

Unless you are running in a very slow and resource constrained piece of hardware, most of the latency comes from the link layer, not from the protocol stack.

If your concern is delay and disruption, check out DTN (Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking,) and Bundle Protocol, we have a WG in IETF working on it.

Initial motivation was inter planetary communications, but the technology is also being used for terrestrial applications such as IoT.

Cheers
-Jorge