400G forwarding - how does it work?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Aug 7 16:00:31 UTC 2022

On Sun, 7 Aug 2022 at 14:16, Masataka Ohta
<mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp> wrote:

> When many TCPs are running, burst is averaged and traffic
> is poisson.

If you grow a window, and the sender sends the delta at 100G, and
receiver is 10G, eventually you'll hit that 10G port at 100G rate.
It's largely an edge problem, not a core problem.

> People who use irrationally small packets will suffer, which is
> not a problem for the rest of us.

Quite, unfortunately, the problem I have exists in the Internet, the
problem you're solving exists in Ohtanet, Ohtanet is much more
civilized and allows for elegant solutions. The Internet just has a
different shade of bad solution to pick from.

--
  ++ytti