Question re. operator tools - somewhere betwixt fast failover and TE

Chris Wright chris.wright at commnetbroadband.com
Fri Aug 5 17:44:40 UTC 2022

I’m not entirely certain these are problems that operators necessarily concern themselves with. Datacenters and specialized service networks, perhaps, but not internet service providers. Mainly because the internet is a relatively lossy beast with several performance inhibitors that constantly lie outside an operator’s control (i.e. bad filters seem to break the entire United States eastern seaboard at least once a year.) I’d wager most of us are not concerned with the kind of failure scenario you’re describing simply because there is no demand from our customers for sub-millisecond remediation. At least not from the ones who are willing to pay for it. 😉

---

Chris