2 Byte ASNs??

Karsten Thomann karsten_thomann at linfre.de
Fri Aug 5 15:38:13 UTC 2022

Hi,

if I check this site it shouldn't be problem to purchase a 2Byte ASN.
https://auctions.ipv4.global/
The ASN are at the end, but it seems that there are some available.

Is there any reason you need to use your AS in the route target instead
of using a private 2 Byte AS Number for the route target?

Kind regards
Karsten