[CA Geeks] Vijay Gill

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Wed Aug 3 16:45:59 UTC 2022

Besides his many contributions to Nanog, I knew Vij from Twilio. He was very willing to share his time at one of the Twillio conferences, where I had been hired to stand up the conference WiFi network on a leased gigabit pipe on very short notice. I became a Twilio user as a result of his enthusiasm. I know he contributed to the IAB, and had stints at both Google and Microsoft.

In particular, I recall his enthusiastic and extremely detailed 2010 NANOG49 talk "Worse Is Better", about Google’s network architecture.

He will be missed.

 -mel