NANOG List posts and DMARC

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Aug 2 21:29:12 UTC 2022

It appears that Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> said:
>Can someone flip the option in Mailman for DMARC please, it’s problematic as if one posts and does DMARC and has feedback on, our
>messages are  possibly rejected, and the feedback from a post is quite large.

I checked with Jared and he seems to misunderstand the meaning of the
DMARC failure reports he is getting. (I get them too, lots of them,
and file and ignore them.) They do not indicate any sort of delivery
problem.

Please do *not* change the DMARC settings for p=none since it degrades
the list mail and makes it much harder to tell who is sending each
message and who to reply to.

R's,
John