Disney+ Issues

Paul Thornton paul at prt.org
Fri Apr 29 18:18:28 UTC 2022

On 29/04/2022 18:21, Norman Jester wrote:

> We're having a heck of a time with this, customers are posting all
> over social media about it etc.
> The company who does their ip classification is Neustar and we have
> been talking to them.
In our case, it is a /17 that moved from Germany to us in the UK after a
purchase a year ago.

If we look up the block in question on Neustar's website, it correctly
geolocates to the UK - and they correctly fetch the ISP information from
RIPE.  This has been the case for ages (and I don't think Neustar has
ever shown it incorrect after we notified them - along with other geoloc
companies - that it was now UK-based).

So if Disney+ are using Neustar, they are caching the results somehow or
applying their own secret sauce that gets it wrong.

Paul.