Disney+ Issues

Francis Booth boothf at boothlabs.me
Fri Apr 29 15:28:20 UTC 2022

> On Apr 29, 2022, at 11:09 AM, Nick Suan via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org> wrote:
>
> The fact that it even has to come to this idea is ridiculous but I wonder about the success of holding a normal customer account with repeat offending streaming services so you could report this, by proxy, /as/ a customer.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I can confirm I had an experience like this. I once had an issue where a customer was having issues with streaming from Netflix where they kept getting the message that they were using a proxy/vpn. They wouldn’t even talk to me about it until I provided them an account that had an active subscription applied. By the time I finally got someone to look into it the problem had resolved itself in their backend. I still keep an account around with the base subscription in my back pocket just in case it crops back up again.