Geolocation data management practices?

Justin Krejci JKrejci at usinternet.com
Thu Apr 21 22:06:11 UTC 2022

For corrections/updates, what I have found to be generally successful is

1. make sure to advertise the IP blocks into the DFZ from your ASN as soon as possible

2. make sure ARIN data is accurate (we use ARIN, you may use one of the other registries)

3. update my geofeed, as referenced already in this thread

4. directly contact organizations that have geolocation services but don't subscribe to my geofeed

If anyone has any additional geolocation organizations I didn't list, I would be happy to hear about them.

Geofeed subscriptions are in place with these organizations

IP Info
https://ipinfo.io/
https://ipinfo.io/faq/article/49-how-can-i-submit-a-correction
https://ipinfo.io/corrections

dbip
https://db-ip.com/
https://db-ip.com/contact/
support <at> db-ip.com

IPGeolocation
https://ipgeolocation.io/
support <at> ipgeolocation.io

Maxmind
https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip-demo
https://support.maxmind.com/geoip-data-correction-request/

Neustar
https://www.home.neustar/resources/tools/ip-geolocation-lookup-tool
https://www.home.neustar/resources/tools/submit-to-global-ip-database
ipintel <at> support.neustar

BigDataCloud
https://www.bigdatacloud.com/ip-geolocation/

Digital Element
https://www.digitalelement.com/geolocation/
https://www.digitalelement.com/contact-us/
ip-data <at> digitalelement.com

ip2location
https://www.ip2location.com/demo
support <at> ip2location.com
Only accepts feeds when all entries have a city defined

Google
https://isp.google.com
Set geofeed URL within their ISP portal

No geofeed subscriptions in place for these organizations and require individual contact for corrections/updates

ipstack
https://ipstack.com/
https://ipstack.com/contact

Geo IP View
https://www.geoipview.com/
andrew <at> geoipview.com
email address is not currently receiving mail, as such I assume not many are using this service

IPligence
http://www.ipligence.com/geolocation
https://www.ipligence.com/contact

ipdata
https://ipdata.co/?ref=iplocation
https://ipdata.co/corrections.html
corrections <at> ipdata.co
working on adding geofeed support

IPIP
https://en.ipip.net/ip.html
sarah <at> ipip.net

IPHub
https://iphub.info/

IPinsight
https://ipinsight.io/
william <at> ipinsight.io

Info Sniper
https://infosniper.net/
https://infosniper.net/geoip-data-correction.php

GeoGuard
https://www.geocomply.com/products/geoguard/
ipintelligence <at> geoguard.com
More of a "are they using a VPN/hiding service" and not so much of a "Where are they" service.