Copper Termination Blocks

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Thu Apr 14 20:05:30 UTC 2022

I know I'm discussing what some consider ancient technology. I counter that it meets or exceeds the needs of many, many people.

Currently, we use 100-pr Telect-style termination blocks. They don't offer much in terms of ease of use for testing and don't organize well on a 19" or 23" rack.

I was recommended to look at Krone blocks. They look just great. Easy to break into for testing with their "look both ways" plug as well as their preterminated blocks looked much easier to rack-mount.

Well, Krone was bought by ADC. ADC was bought by Tyco Electronics. TE was bought by Commscope. Commscope discontinued everything I found interesting with no replacements.

Some of the stuff is on eBay (even NIB), some not.

Any recommendations for places to get old telco blocks, testers, mounts, etc.?

Any recommendations for alternatives that are easier to source?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com