[nanog] 2749 routes AT RISK - Re: TIMELY/IMPORTANT - Approximately 40

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Apr 7 16:25:33 UTC 2022

On 7 Apr 2022, at 12:05 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com<mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:

Alternatively, if ARIN starts billing LRSA+RSA organizations on the basis of MAX(IPv4, IPv6), I will also stop calling this double billing.

Mr. Delong –

Organizations with legacy IPv4 resources and IPv6 number resources under a registration services plan are already being invoiced one amount based on the highest category of IPv4 / IPv6  - i.e. “on the basis of MAX(IPv4, IPv6)” as you put it.

However, the “Fee Cap on IPv4 maintenance fees” provided to IPv4 legacy resource holders does not apply to such an amount invoiced because the customer is being invoiced for a registration services plan that contains multiple items [services for IPv4, IPv6, and ASN resources] that are more than just "IPv4 maintenance fees”.    Customers can keep their IPv4 resources in a separate billing relationship and then the “Fee Cap on IPv4 maintenance fees” will continue to be applied to their “IPv4 registry maintenance fees”, exactly as expected.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO