ARIN fee structure (was: re: 2749 routes AT RISK - Re: TIMELY/IMPORTANT)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Apr 7 06:08:49 UTC 2022

> Indeed - you only emphasize why it is important for organizations to get involved in ARIN’s governance…  It is not intended that your sole interaction with ARIN be via contractual mechanisms, but rather that network operators actually participate as members of the organization.

Perhaps the only bright spot in the recent change to the fee structure is that I now have membership open to me without having to pay an extra $500/year for the privilege.

Prior to this most recent change, end-users were not afforded such participation.

Even with the most recent change, the board still opted to default all end users to second class citizenry unless they each took specific actions to opt in to participation in ARIN governance.

Owen