ARIN fee structure (was: re: 2749 routes AT RISK - Re: TIMELY/IMPORTANT)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Apr 6 03:57:50 UTC 2022

On 5 Apr 2022, at 8:38 PM, Dan Mahoney (Gushi) <danm at prime.gushi.org> wrote:
> But say they sign an LRSA: Those $0 fees would go up to 150, this year, 175 next year, 200 the following...250 in year five... to be able to simply add DNSSEC, RPKI, and Validated IRR.

Hi Dan,

Speaking for myself, I'd be happy to pay the normal block size fee
just to get DNSSEC, RPKI and a validated IRR. I pay $80/month just for
my residential Internet service and another $80 or so for my off-site
virtual machines. A couple hundred bucks a _year_ for the niceties
which come with ARIN registration is no imposition at all.

My objection lies in having ARIN's RSA adhere to my address block
overall. I may feel differently about ARIN next year than I do this
year but once I've signed that RSA, well, that's just too bad. I now
have obligations to ARIN, some of them on shifting sand, and if I
don't fulfill them the addresses are gone.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin