RPKI adoption (was: Re: 2749 routes AT RISK )

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at comcast.com
Tue Apr 5 17:04:11 UTC 2022

From: NANOG <nanog-bounces+jason_livingood=cable.comcast.com at nanog.org> on behalf of John Curran <jcurran at arin.net>

> Along these lines, I’d like to remind everyone of a fairly important consultation that Andrew Hadenfeldt posted here last month
<snip>
> (FCC) seeks comment on vulnerabilities threatening the security and integrity of
the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)...
> Comments are due on or before April 11, 2022
> If you have particular views on this important consultation, please take the time to file comments as appropriate.

+1 to this suggestion to file comments - IMO there is always value in comments from technical experts. If you have not done so before, this may help:

•       Comments are due: April 11, 2022 & Reply Comments are due: May 10, 2022
•       Can file earlier than these dates, but no later.
•       File comments in the FCC’s Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS) at https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filings/standard in docket CG Docket No. 22-90 (in the “Proceeding(s)” box, type in “22-90” and click on the option that populates: “Secure Internet Routing”
•       Fill in all other required information.  For “Type of Filing,” choose “Comment” or “Reply to Comments” (as applicable) from the drop-down menu.
•       Disregard the fields labeled File Number, Report Number, and Bureau ID Number.
•       Upload document as a PDF.
•       Check the box for “Email Confirmation” and then “Continue to review screen” where you will submit the comments into the record.

Jason