V6 still not supported

Jared Brown nanog-isp at mail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:14:52 UTC 2022

Francis Booth wrote:
> I think you’re jumping to conclusions that Sony is doing this purely from the darkness in their hearts.
  I confess to being momentously surprised if this wasn't the driving reason :)

> The same thing could be said about Netflix and Hulu blocking traffic from addresses that appear as proxies/VPNs.
  This is not quite the same. Netflix and Hulu have contractual reasons for not allowing out of market access, as they do not have distribution rights to content in all markets. Then there is also the question of password sharing, which is a legitimate reason to restrict access.

  IIRC Netflix will still let you watch Netflix originals even if they think you are using a proxy or VPN. They will even occasionally fix misdesignated IP space.

> Like it or not we had many years where the primary expectation of the Internet was that you could map a single ISP customer back to an IP address and MANY services still cling to this belief.
  Even the courts are coming around to the fact that an IP address does not equal a person. When even ultraprogressive instances like these are starting to get it, maybe it's time for all the other neanderthals to get with the times?

- Jared