IP Reputation Services

Anne Mitchell amitchell at isipp.com
Mon Apr 4 15:36:13 UTC 2022

Mike,

> I've found a few of them out there, but they seem to be priced as if I'm a hosting company or an ESP, not an end-user-focused ISP.

There are only two IP-based reputation services that are truly widely used, world-wide, ours and Validity's (nee ReturnPath).

Our have *always* been free for receivers to query, and always will be, as our primary reason for having been in business for going on 20 years is to provide a way for *receivers* to determine the ham from the spam (making it easier for them to reject spam).  I'm surprised to hear that *any* of the others are charging for access for querying - shocked in fact.

 You can always query our IADB (ISIPP Accreditation Database, now known to consumers as the Good Senders List, or GSL) here:

iadb.isipp.com

More general information about the IADB is here:

https://www.isipp.com/for-isps/

You can read more about our granular query responses, which we call Data Response Codes (we were the first to develop this method of responding to IP-based queries, nearly 20 years ago):

https://www.isipp.com/for-isps/about-the-codes/

If you have any questions, any at all, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Kind regards,

Anne

---
Anne P. Mitchell,  Esq.
CEO Get to the Inbox by SuretyMail
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal email marketing law)
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Prof. Emeritus, Lincoln Law School
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Counsel Emeritus, MAPS: Mail Abuse Prevention System (now the anti-spam division of TrendMicro)