[nanog] Re: Gmail (thus Nanog) rejecting ipv6 email

Dan Mahoney (Gushi) danm at prime.gushi.org
Sun Apr 3 04:48:40 UTC 2022

On Sat, 2 Apr 2022, Michael Thomas wrote:

> On 4/2/22 6:21 PM, John Levine wrote:
>> It appears that Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> said:

> I'll be eager to see the papers substantiating this. Until then I remain
> completely skeptical. It's an experimental RFC for a reason. Let's see the
> data.

ARC is not mentioned here:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en

But nor are mailing lists/listservs.  Most of the guidance on "lists"
seems to be related to marketing lists (which I hate way more, but gmail
seems to be quite forgiving of), vs discussion lists.

Also, the error message we're getting speaks to the reputation of "our
domain", not our IP block.  Otherwise, I would think v4 mail would bounce
as well.

Now, if that's caused by our staff posting to *other* mailing lists that
do not do ARC, we have zero control over that.

If it's being implied that gmail is ranking us (i.e. dkim-signed and
spf-compliant mail from Mark Andrews to *this list*) with a "very low"
reputation because *our* mailman lists don't presently do arc-sealing,
then could someone from google please tell me that canonically?

-Dan