Let's Focus on Moving Forward Re: V6 still not supported re: 202203261833.AYC

Pascal Thubert (pthubert) pthubert at cisco.com
Fri Apr 1 11:43:14 UTC 2022

There are 2 ways to stop a war:

1) one side it utterly defeated and disaggregated
2) both sides suffered enough and agree to start thinking of the best terms for coexistence

1) is not close to happening any time soon

From this, the conclusion is that we have not suffered enough.

On the side, the IETF has its own Tao for consensus and such things.
See section 4.2 of https://www.ietf.org/about/participate/tao/

As a WG chair, I happen to have to figure consensus out. It's a rough and very human process. It has to do with feeling of support from the room and the mailing list. It has also to do with insuring that all technically valid objections found an answer, even if the opponent is a minority.

For work that does not have a home, there's always the Int Area WG.

And for those who think we already reached 2) after only 20 years, there's always the discussion on the original thread, and the yada-yatt draft.

Keep safe;

Pascal