[External] Re: uPRF strict more

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Thu Sep 30 17:27:47 UTC 2021

----- On Sep 30, 2021, at 9:13 AM, Andrew Smith andrew.william.smith at gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

> In Ciscoland, you do have to explicitly state that the default route is eligible
> for URPF verification, otherwise you'll get unexpected traffic drops.

> ip verify unicast source reachable-via any allow-default

Customer: We need a way to prevent spoofing.
Dev: Sure, I created a new feature: "ip verify unicast"
Customer: We're dropping legitimate traffic!
Dev: Oops, sorry about that. Here, a new feature: "ip verify unicast source reachable-via any"
Customer: But but but, we don't have a full BGP table!
Dev: Oh well... <clickety-click> "ip very unicast source reachable via any allow-default"

Thanks,

Sabri