IPv6 woes - RFC

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:47:46 UTC 2021

On Wed, 29 Sept 2021 at 22:11, Victor Kuarsingh <victor at jvknet.com> wrote:

> In the consumer world (Where a consumer has no idea who we are, what IP is
> and the Internet is a wireless thing they attach to).
>
> I am only considering one router (consumer level stuff).  Here is my
> example:

I am afraid you are tailor making your case. We could just as well have an
even more clueless customer that simply buys a 4G/5G router and attaches it
to the inside of his LAN in addition to the wifi router he got from his
DSL/cable/xPON service. Guess what will happen? It wont work as far as IPv4
goes but it _will_ work with IPv6.

As for the tailor made case where the customer buys a device actually made
for this, said device would also implement IPv6 for dual WAN. Plenty of
options for how the device could do that, including the possibility of
doing 1:1 stateless IPv6 NAT or simply presenting both prefixes to the LAN
and source route to the correct ISP.

Regards,

Baldur