uPRF strict more

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Wed Sep 29 09:36:08 UTC 2021

Hi,

> Having said that, I'm not convinced anyone should use uRPF at all.
> Because you should already know what IP addresses are possible behind the
> port, if you do, you can do ACL, and ACL is significantly lower cost in PPS in a
> typical modern lookup engine.

uRPF still has it's place in access.
We use it in single homed customers and one of the reasons is the limit to the number of acls.
Asr 1ks are 4k unique acls IIRC , but you can put a lot more users on them.
Maybe things have changed since I last looked but this was the main driver for us to use uRPF when we started with 1ks.

Brian