100GbE beyond 40km

Dan Murphy dmurphy at pilotfiber.com
Fri Sep 24 20:44:29 UTC 2021

Look into EDFA amplifier systems. They work over a range of bands and are
pretty affordable.

They can carry regular 1310nm as well as C-Band. Although if you are
carrying C-band you may have to compensate for chromatic dispersion.

Happy to help, I love this stuff!

--
Daniel Murphy
Senior Data Center Engineer