Rack rails on network equipment

Brandon Butterworth brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 17:21:07 UTC 2021

On Fri Sep 24, 2021 at 09:37:58AM -0700, Andrey Khomyakov wrote:
> As far as I know, Dell is the only switch vendor doing toolless rails

Having fought for hours trying to get servers with those
rails into some DCs racks I'd go with slightly slow but fits
everywhere

> *So ultimately my question to you all is how much do you care
> about the speed of racking and unracking equipment

I don't care as long as it fits in the rack properly, the time
taken to do that is small compared to the time it'll be there (many
years for us). I use an electric screwdriver if I need to do many. I
care more about what is inside the box than the box itself, I'll
have to deal with their software for years.

brandon