Rack rails on network equipment

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Fri Sep 24 16:50:11 UTC 2021

We don’t care. We rack up switches maybe once or twice a year. It’s just not worth the effort to streamline. If we were installing dozens of switches a month, maybe. But personally I think it’s crazy to make rackability your primary reason for choosing a switch vendor. Do you base your automobile purchase decision on how easy it is to replace windshield wipers?

 -mel beckman