Fiber Network Equipment Commercial Norms

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Sep 22 17:01:25 UTC 2021

On 9/22/21 10:45 AM, Lady Benjamin Cannon of Glencoe, ASCE wrote:
> Half-penny pinching “mah powah” landlords are especially annoying in a
> cosmic sense

I know someone who had a bit of a different experience.

Someone, purportedly the telco but I'm not sure who, had telco equipment
in a building and the batteries hadn't been serviced in the better part
of a decade and there was a strong smell of battery acid in the room.

I heard that building management put a hard line of something like 36
hours for the equipment owner to address the problem, or at least
respond with an acceptable time line, lest the building electrician
would remove the batteries as a health and safety concern.

The equipment owner materialized and removed the batteries within 72
hours.  The bulk of the equipment was removed the following month.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die