IPv6 woes - RFC

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Sep 20 03:47:12 UTC 2021

It appears that Stephen Satchell <list at satchell.net> said:
>> or get an HE /48 over a tunnel which will do PTR or NS records appropriately.
>
>Hurricane Electric?  Seriously?

I've been using HE's free ipv6 tunnels for ten years. They work great.
I don't ever recall any downtime. They assign you a /64 by default,
/48 on request, and delegate the rDNS wherever you want.  One points at my server which
is in a rack somewhere, one points at the router on my home fiber connection.

Since I set it up they filter port 25 by default for obvious reasons but will unblock
if you ask nicely and sound like you know what you're doing.  Geolocation doesn't work,
and now and then someone (Wikipedia) decides it's an evil VPN and blocks or filters it
but I haven't found that to be much of a problem in practice.

R's,
John