IPv6 woes - RFC

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Wed Sep 15 05:15:11 UTC 2021

Christopher Morrow wrote:

>> NSAP addresses, which essentially are telephone numbers, assume
>> geographically aggregated addresses at country level (so called,
>> country code), which is why they don't need large global routing
>> tables.

> The phone network doesn't really operate or 'route' in the same way as the
> Internet does.

The context here is TUBA where NSAP addresses are used for best
effort CLNP, which is not circuit switched and resource reserving
phone network.

> I don't think using it in a comparison here works, at all... I really wish
> folk would stop trying
> to make this equivalency.

That you don't properly understand the similarities and the
differences between telephone network and the Internet is
not a problem for rest of us.

							Masataka Ohta