IPv6 woes - RFC

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 20:37:59 UTC 2021

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 10:03 AM Masataka Ohta <
mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp> wrote:

> NSAP addresses, which essentially are telephone numbers, assume
> geographically aggregated addresses at country level (so called,
> country code), which is why they don't need large global routing
> tables.

The phone network doesn't really operate or 'route' in the same way as the
Internet does.
I don't think using it in a comparison here works, at all... I really wish
folk would stop trying
to make this equivalency.

(I think LNP actually means the phone carriers are creating a 'must know
about 6+b address/path mappings
in a possible future... or even just in the US ~350m endpoints/mappings,
but anyways...)