Squat space is now being advertised by AS 749 (DoD Network Information Center)

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Sat Sep 11 13:38:50 UTC 2021

On 9/11/21 8:36 AM, David Bass wrote:
> When can we reclaim all this unused space from the US DoD?  Serious
> question.
>
> I’ve never understood how they can just sit on this without having to do
> something with it.

Remember, just because a prefix isn't in your routing table doesn't mean
the address space isn't in use.

The DoD uses a fair bit of the address space allocated to them on
networks that are not visible from the public Internet.  Whether they
use it efficiently is, perhaps, another matter.

--
Brandon Martin