Hurricane Ida updates

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Tue Sep 7 18:19:36 UTC 2021

According to news reports, Cox communications has restored 85 percent of
service in the Greater Baton Rouge area, but 60 percent of Greater New
Orleans customers are still without internet. They assessed nearly 65
miles of damages to their network infrastructure in the New Orleans area.

Cox statement:

"As previously announced, credits will be provided to all residential
customers who experienced outages due to Hurricane Ida. Any late fee
charges assessed during this time will be reversed, and customers will not
be charged for damaged Cox owned equipment. Our Storm Assistance Plan is
also available to temporarily suspend services for up to 6 months at no
charge if a customer needs to leave their home but doesn’t need to move
services to another address."

AT&T says their wireless network is operating normally in Louisiana. All
wireline facilities remain online, although some continue to run on backup
power. AT&T is waiving overage charges to provide unlimited talk, text and
data in New Orleans through September 14, 2021.

https://about.att.com/pages/disaster_relief/storm_ida.html

T-Mobile and Sprint is waiving charges for talk, text, and unlimited data
through September 10th in select Louisiana Parishes.

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/community/t-mobile-responds-to-hurricane-ida

Verizon says there are no longer any significant gaps in service anywhere
throughout the storm-impacted areas in Louisiana. With commercial power
restoration still potentially several weeks out, we will continue to
maintain massive refueling and maintenance operations to ensure our
permanent and temporary generators remain fully operational. There is
still minor repair work to displaced antennas and damaged equipment.

Verizon is waiving charges for New Orleans customers with unlimited talk,
text and data through September 10, 2021.

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-response-hurricane-ida