IPv6 woes - RFC

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Sep 6 07:45:16 UTC 2021

All this is resolved using IPv6-only and IPv4aaS, the same way as cellular providers are doing with 464XLAT.

This means you don't need to invest in more IPv4 addressses (at some point you can even transfer some of them to the laggers), you still provide IPv4 service to the edge, but the access is IPv4-ignorant.

Reduced Capex and Opex in general.

El 6/9/21 9:29, "NANOG en nombre de Saku Ytti" <nanog-bounces+jordi.palet=consulintel.es at nanog.org en nombre de saku at ytti.fi> escribió:

    On Mon, 6 Sept 2021 at 10:20, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:

    > Adding new access infrastructure of any sort (Fixed Wireless is the
    > hype...)?  Why would you want to continue being stupid even if you
    > implemented dual-stack for all your fibre, hfc and dsl customers?  You
    > can save a lot by dropping dual-stack complexities in PGWs and FWA CPEs,
    > even if we assume most of the fibre/hfc/dsl value chain is reused.

    Can you? You need to offer IPv4 anyhow and all the complexities
    related to that, i.e. some stateful box. Why would I offer in addition
    to that IPv6, which is not being requested by anyone. And by anyone I
    mean anyone I want as customer, as those who request it, are probably
    going to be expensive to support and I need to subsidise those with my
    regular customers, so I'd rather not cater to those.

    --
      ++ytti

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?