IPv6 woes - RFC

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Sep 6 07:27:49 UTC 2021

On Mon, 6 Sept 2021 at 10:20, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:

> Adding new access infrastructure of any sort (Fixed Wireless is the
> hype...)?  Why would you want to continue being stupid even if you
> implemented dual-stack for all your fibre, hfc and dsl customers?  You
> can save a lot by dropping dual-stack complexities in PGWs and FWA CPEs,
> even if we assume most of the fibre/hfc/dsl value chain is reused.

Can you? You need to offer IPv4 anyhow and all the complexities
related to that, i.e. some stateful box. Why would I offer in addition
to that IPv6, which is not being requested by anyone. And by anyone I
mean anyone I want as customer, as those who request it, are probably
going to be expensive to support and I need to subsidise those with my
regular customers, so I'd rather not cater to those.

--
  ++ytti