IPv6 woes - RFC

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Mon Sep 6 06:38:44 UTC 2021

Hello,

> I absolutely HATE testing, developing and supporting IPv4+IPv6, more
> than doubling my time, adding 3rd stack would actually not increase
> cost that much, it's the 1=>2 which is fantastically expensive. And
> costs are transferred to customers.

Dual stack is doubling dev time ? Ok... this is quite strange...
Maybe on testing... but using some standards protocols....?

(...)

> Now if we'd know, all of our CDN, cloudyshops and tier1 will start
> dropping IPV4 at edge in 2040, this would create good business reason
> to start developing to IPv6, you'd know you need to have it, and you'd
> know you have finite window when you need to support both.
> And this is something we should commit to do, and everyone would
> benefit from the comment.

Really, the ONLY thing that make IPv6 hell is the bloody war between
Cogent and HE. Imagine this kind of war with IPv4...
Really guys stop this stupid stuff and make IPv6 Great Again...

Regards,
Xavier