IPv6 woes - RFC

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Sat Sep 4 21:09:45 UTC 2021

On 2021-09-04 23:02, Ryan Hamel wrote:
> Jeroen,
>
>  > You people keep on giving money to ISPs that are not providing the
> service you want.
>
> Not everyone has the luxury of picking their ISP,

But this list is NANOG.... Network Operators. We are the ISPs....

> and the common consumer doesn't know or care about IPv6.

And they indeed should not have to care. Good that this is not a
consumer list, or a ISP complaint line (though, I guess complaining
about peering or broken connectivity is in the charter)

> They want Netflix to work and that's it.

They thus have no need for IPv6, which was the question...

Netflix works mostly fine over IPv4 (or heck CGN as that is what one is
likely headed to if your ISP did not get chunks of free IPv4 address
space), it is actually still IPv6 where they sometimes have a few PMTU
blackholes... ;)  [though, have not noticed one in a while now]

Greets,
  Jeroen